All five of us share our work at conferences, workshops, with students and in other settings. Here’s a bit of what we did in 2015 and what we’ll be up to in 2016. If you’re headed to any of these places, please be in touch. We’d love to chat over a cup of coffee.
2015 Selected Presentations and Workshops
- “The How and Whys for Reusing Rare Earth Magnets” in Sustainability General Session, AIC Annual Meeting, Miami, FL.
- “Magnets as an Alternative to Velcro” poster at AIC Annual Meeting, Miami, FL.
- “What it is to be a Conservator” Hartwick College, presentation to Museum Studies students.
- Instructor, AASLH Leadership and Administration in History Organizations Course
- Co-presenter, International Fellowship Leadership Program, American Alliance of Museums Conference, Atlanta, GA
- Co-presenter, “#MuseumsrespondtoFerguson: Bringing Race Into the Foreground,” New England Museum Association Conference, Portland, Maine
- Co-presenter, “Creativity in Museum Practice,” JFKU Museum Studies Helzel Symposium, San Francisco, CA
- “Museums and Social Justice,” America House, Kyiv, Ukraine
- “Deep Travel: Sustainability and the Meaning of Place,” Beloit College, Beloit, WI
And in 2016:
- Anne will be keynoting the Small Museum Association Conference in Ocean City MD.
- Linda will be presenting a series of workshops in Riga, Latvia with the Ministry of Culture and other organizations. She’ll be talking big mistakes in a session at the American Alliance of Museums conference and discussing community engagement and public horticulture at the Longwood Symposium in March.
- Gwen will be speaking on “Consolidating Powdered Paint on a Campaign Banner,” at a Walters Art Gallery Forum. She has two workshops planned: “Understanding and Modifying your Collection Environment & Rehousing,” with Joy Manna, Gaylord Brothers, Inc., at the Museum Association of New York Annual Meeting and
“Ferrous Attractions: The Science behind the Magic” AIC/CCA Annual meeting, Montreal, QC, Canada.